Monday, November 23, 2009

Recap

My last blog entry was a bit of a rush.. this one isn't really any better..
It's been almost a week since we arrived here in the Philippines and I've been too busy going shopping. So I guess sometimes I can't be bothered to update and write a travel blog entry..
So I'll just give a brief recap/photos of what took place during our trip to Singapore.

DAY 3
Here we are having a buffet breakfast at our hotel. Like i said in previous post, there were loads of food to choose for breakfast. From cereals, bacon, eggs, rice, a variety of bread and pastries, fruits, hash browns pancakes, lalala, list goes on.

We then continued the day going on a guided tour of Singapore.

on the tour bus


This is an example of the apartment building, where the locals live. They hang their clothes on a ?6metre long bamboo stick. At a very young age, girls are taught how to balance and hang the clothes on these bamboo. The tour lady said that if they didn't learn how to do this, then they shouldn't be getting married.. haha! (or something along that story..)


Visiting Little India
Ganesha - Hindu God.


Merlion.
Head of a lion (Singapore = lion city) and the body of a fish (as Singapore was known to be a fishing village)


Visiting a Buddhist temple


Chinatown.
Opposite the temple.


Visiting the Gem factory.

artwork made from various gemstones..


The Botanical Garden

DAY 4
- At Changi Airport, Singapore.. waiting to board our plane trip to Manila.
Their airport was soooooo beautiful. It was super clean and had lots of lush plants found here and there.


Anywho, i guess that was a gist of the trip.
The rest of my photos I'll upload on my facebook later. hehe..
Ok, toodles!!






2 comments:

Mariel said...

Nice post! I enjoyed reading it. Wish I can go to Singapore too. :D

Tea Joeli said...

i want to visit your country one day

nice pics:)

http://thebrunetteworld.blogspot.com/

xxx